The Oncology Programme aims to improve the prognosis, prevention and treatment of cancer by studying the basic principles of development of this disease. Research groups in the Oncology Programme focus on the diverse aspects of tumour initiation and progression, with special emphasis on the mechanisms responsible for the acquisition of malignancy, the relationship between stem cells and cancer, and the identification of the programmes that drive tissue-specific metastasis.
Collaboration agreements with several oncology and pathology units of hospitals in the metropolitan area of Barcelona facilitate the translation of basic research into clinically relevant diagnostic and therapeutic tools. This programme is expected to grow to include a total of 7-8 research groups.
Programme coordinatorEduard Batlle
Office Tel: +34 93 40 39008
- Salvador Aznar Benitah: Stem cells and cancer
- Eduard Batlle: Colorectal Cancer Laboratory
- Roger Gomis: Growth Control and Cancer Metastasis Laboratory
- Angel R. Nebreda: Signalling and Cell Cycle Laboratory
- Travis Stracker: Genomic Instability and Cancer Laboratory
Secretaria de Programa
Office Tel: +34 93 40 34716