Career development workshop for PhD Students
Speakers: Sarah Blackford
Organizer: IRB Barcelona
Date: Monday, May 4, 09:00-18:00h
Place: Room 1, Tower D, Parc Científic de Barcelona, Spain
The workshop is limited to 20 participants. Acceptance on the seminar will be on a first-registered basis. To register, please send an e-mail to email@example.com by 22 April indicating the following: name, surname, laboratory group, and e-mail address. You will receive a confirmation e-mail if your registration is successful.
Please take into account that this course spans a full working-day. If you are registered and finally cannot attend, please send us an e-mail in order to give others the opportunity.
This workshop is designed to ensure the participants receive practical tools and constructive advice, with scope and resources to enable them to follow up areas of interest afterwards on an individual basis. In this way, they will feel empowered and more aware of what they need to do to manage their careers effectively, regardless of their career goals.
- Overview of the career management process.
- Review of current position. Self-analysis of interests, personality and skills.
- Overview of the career landscape.
- Mapping skills and interests to career sectors.
- Job-seeking strategies.
- CV writing and covering letter skills.
- Development of a personal career deevelopment action plan.