IRB Barcelona is a self-standing, non-profit institution devoted to basic and applied biomedical research. It was set up in 2005 jointly by the Government of Catalonia and the University of Barcelona and is located at the Barcelona Science Park. The institute currently has more than 430 members (scientific, technical and administrative staff) from all over the world, who work across disciplines to advance research in the biomedical sciences.
Applications for the above opening should include a motivation letter and a complete CV (both in English) and should be sent by e-mail to: email@example.com Reference: AD/19/09
- Deadline for applications: 29 November, 2019
- When the applicants do not meet the requirements, the deadline will be extended.
- Number of positions available: 1
- Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter and previous experience
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed
- Offered Position: Job Offer will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview
IRB Barcelona is seeking a highly motivated HR Project Manager to join its Human Resources and Academic Affairs Department.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing, planning and implementing a European gender project (CALIPER: Linking research and innovation for gender equality). The project’s goal is to make research organizations more gender equal by improving their career prospects and integrating a gender dimension in research.
Additionally, the candidate will also participate in new organization-wide initiatives related to HR operational programmes, policies and procedures.
This position will be reporting directly to the Head of the Human Resources & Academic Affairs Department. The successful candidate will be employed under a fixed–term contract of 3 years.
The Project Manager will:
- Participate in the development of a European gender project (CALIPER). The position involves searching for and providing information, acting as a contact point, working with project partners, reporting on project progress and status, preparing internal and external communications to share programme information.
- Manage the lifecycle of the project in its distinct phases: assessment, design and development, implementation, monitoring & evaluation, engagement, change management & sustainability, dissemination & communication.
Other related duties:
- Development and delivery of training, communication and change management approaches.
- Participation in meetings related to the drawing up of the Equality Plan.
- Writing of reports and implementation of actions related to the field of Equality.
- Management of other HR projects related to compensation, training, payroll, workday-related projects and processes, and others as needed.
- Supporting the department in preparing recurring HR statistics and reporting, such as headcount and turnover reporting, recruiting metrics, etc.
- Participation in the drawing up and developing key HR policies and procedures.
- At least 5 years’ experience in human resources, organizational development, and diversity and inclusion related talent management.
- Experience in project management. Desirable: familiarization with European projects.
- Experience with HR systems and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in in Psychology/Humanities/Business Administration or relevant field with similar emphasis on HR.
- General understanding of core HR processes and policies.
- Knowledge of gender affairs. Desirable: experience in the design and implementation of equality plans.
- Analytical and detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication ability.
- Highly organized and reliable.
- Strong resolution and proactive capacity.
- Project management proficiency.
- Flexible and people oriented.
- Languages & IT:
- Command (spoken and written) of English, Spanish and Catalan.
- Advanced user of the Microsoft Office package (especially Excel).
- Experience with SAP Business One (SBO) (desirable)
- Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of our established administration team.
- Continuous training in a high-quality environment.