IRB Barcelona is a self-standing, non-profit institution devoted to basic and applied biomedical research. It was set up in 2005 jointly by the Government of Catalonia and the University of Barcelona and is located at the Barcelona Science Park. The institute currently has more than 430 members (scientific, technical and administrative staff) from all over the world, who work across disciplines to advance research in the biomedical sciences.
Applications for the above opening should include CV, motivation letter and academic title and should be sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the Reference: AD/20/01
Deadline for applications: 16/09/2020
If no suitable candidate is found, the deadline will be extended.
IRB Barcelona is seeking a General Infrastructures & Services Head committed to the challenge of providing excellent service in an international research environment.
The successful candidate will report to the Managing Director and will be expected to manage the infrastructures, facilities, equipment and general services of the institute, guaranteeing their optimal function. He/she will also be in charge of a member of the team
- Manage the general infrastructures of the IRB building, planning and supervising remodelling/refurbishment projects in which the institute directly or indirectly participates.
- Planning, definition and evaluation of new projects related to IRB infrastructure.
- Responsible for General Services – reception/warehouse/security, currently subcontracted to the Parc Científic of Barcelona.
- Draw and manage the maintenance plan for scientific equipment, optimally allocating resources.
- Redefine IRB strategy relating to maintenance outsourcing.
- Participate in the purchase process of scientific equipment providing technical expertise.
- Management of purchases of infrastructure elements. Negotiations with strategic suppliers.
- Ensure long-term vision and provide technological prospective and value/quality/cost analysis.
- Budget management and reporting.
- Ensure legal compliance related to general infrastructures.