Training & Jobs
IRB Barcelona offers a vibrant, interdisciplinary and highly collaborative atmosphere that fosters top-quality research in the biomedical sciences. A wide variety of scientific training activities and shared facilities as well as access to a strong network of academic and industrial contacts create a stimulating environment in which basic research results can be applied to issues in human health. IRB Barcelona provides a range of training and employment opportunities for researchers, technical and administrative staff at all stages of their careers.
One of the aims of IRB Barcelona is to provide PhD students from within Spain and from around the world with a stimulating environment in which they can work toward their degree in the biomedical sciences. IRB Barcelona provides a highly dynamic, international atmosphere. There are currently more than 150 PhD students at the institute, who come from different countries. IRB Barcelona is committed to providing high quality training for its students, offering close mentoring and access to a wide variety of scientific activities, services and networks. Our goal is to give our students everything they need for a solid start to a successful career in biomedical science.
- Severo-Ochoa Predoctoral Grants 2013 (The call is now closed): Funded by the MINECO (Ministerio de Economía y Competitividad), this call for “Contratos predoctorales Severo-Ochoa para la Formación de doctores” aims to increase the quality and size of the predoctoral community in Spain by offering PhD student positions covering a 4-year period. These contracts allow students to perform work toward their doctoral thesis at the Institutions recognized as “Severo –Ochoa” Centres of Excellence.
- IRB Barcelona PhD fellowships programme (The call is now closed) – Fellowships are available for talented and highly-motivated students to do training and research toward their degree in the biomedical sciences.
- “La Caixa” - Severo Ochoa/IRB Barcelona International PhD Programme (The call is now closed) - 4 fellowships are available for talented and highly-motivated students to do training and research toward their degree in the biomedical sciences. Furthermore, at least 6 additional fellowships will be offered funded by the MINECO (Ministerio de Economía y Competitividad), as "Contratos predoctorales Severo-Ochoa para la Formación de doctores" and the IRB Barcelona.
- Expression of interest (The call is now closed)- 13 four-year predoctoral positions are available in the call 2013 of “Contratos predoctorales para la formación de doctores” (Formerly FPI predoctoral fellowships)
BEQUES PREDOCTORALS DE FORMACIÓ DE PERSONAL INVESTIGADOR NOVELL (FI) - 2014
- IRB Barcelona International Postdoctoral Programme fellowships programme (The call is now closed) – Eight two-year competitive fellowships will be offered in this international call aimed to attract highly talented scientist seeking advanced research training and career development opportunities in a competitive international environment
- Job offers at IRB Barcelona – a full listing of employment opportunities currently available at IRB Barcelona