From Science to Business - BIST & ESADE Business School 2019
The Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) and its participating centers are pleased to announce the organization of "From Science to Business", a week-long hands-on workshop with 4-day on-site sessions on entrepreneurship in research, delivered in collaboration with ESADE Business School.
From Science to Business will allow participants to:
- Get acquainted with the business world and learn how companies create value for society and for themselves.
- Understand the framework within which companies operate.
- Understand the venture creation process and the role that science/technology plays in it.
- Appreciate that venture creation needs scientists and engineers and that entrepreneurship can be an attractive career path.
The program is aimed at BIST researchers (senior researchers, postdoctoral fellows and last year doctoral students as well). This course aims to increase the speed of turning innovation and knowledge into new ventures. The course is designed for groups of approximately 20-25 people to ensure optimal participation, learning and faculty-to-participant ratio.
WHERE & WHEN
Welcome Event - Monday, 27 May (BIST venue, 17h)
Trainning Course - ESADE BARCELONA VENUE (NEW!)
Av. Esplugues 92-96, Pedralbes, 08034 Barcelona
- Tues, 28 May 2019: 9 -18.30h
- Wed, 29 May 2019: 9 -18.30h
- Tues, 4 June 2019: 9 -18.30h
Project workshop hands-on training - Thurs, 30 May - Mon, 3 June (time to work on your group's project)
From Science to Business - BIST & ESADE Business School 2018
28-29 May & 4 June, 2019 at ESADE campus Barcelona
27 May, 2019 at BIST, BARCELONA
Registration Deadline: Tuesday, 7 May 2019 (A limited number of spaces are available for researchers at each BIST institute): https://forms.gle/hMzsRrTu1yMWBe7VA
ESADE CAMPUS PEDRALBES Av. Esplugues 92-96, Pedralbes, 08034 Barcelona (NEW!)
As IRB Barcelona member, if you wish to participate in this initiative, please fill the following registration form before Tuesday, 7 May 2019:
Applicants will be contacted short after the selection process is finished to confirm their participation. Selection process will be done according to fulfilment of requirements, motivation and prospect to use the lessons learned.