The number of bioinformatics core units in industrial and academic research environments is growing rapidly. The AEBC2 workshop provides an exchange opportunity for scientific and service aspects of bioinformatics core facilities in Europe.
Call for abstracts is open!
Submit your abstract through the registration page
The fifth edition of AEBC2 will take place as a stand-alone workshop on October 15, 2021. It will be an in-person event. Sessions will be recorded and made available after the workshop on this website.
The workshop format will include invited and contributed talks selected from an open call for contributions, panel discussion on national bioinformatics initiatives and time for networking.
The 2021 workshop focuses on the following topics:
- National Bioinformatics Initiatives - how can core facilities fit into the picture?
- Keynote: Jessica M. Lindvall, Joint head for Short and Medium Support, National Bioinformatics Infrastructure Sweden, SciLifeLab, Sweden
- Single cells beyond molecular
- Keynote: Elisabetta Mereu, Group Leader, Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute
- Landscapes in cancer and other diseases
- Keynote: Francesca Maria Bosisio, Founding Member of the Institute of Single Cell Omics, KU Leuven, Belgium
AEBC2 2021 is organized by:
- Camille Stephan-Otto Attolini (IRB Barcelona, Spain)
- Sven Nahnsen (University of Tübingen,Germany)
- Daniel Stekhoven (ETH Zürich, Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics –SIB-)
You can obtain information about the previous editions in the following link.
Enquiries about registration for the conference should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
09.30 Coffee & registration
10.00 – 12.00 Session 1 - National Bioinformatics Initiatives
Keynote: Jessica M. Lindvall - The three pillars of NBIS (National Bioinformatics Infrastructure Sweden): Support, Infrastructure and Training
- Eva Alloza - Bringing Bioinformatics closer to the future patient (INB/ELIXIR-ES, TransBioNet, and IMPaCT-Data)
- Florian Kraus - GHGA - The German Human Genome-Phenome Archive
12.00 – 13.00 Panel Discussion
- How can core facilities fit into the picture?
13.00 – 14.00 Lunch break
14.00 – 15.30 Session 2 - Single cells beyond molecular
Keynote: Elisabetta Mereu - Single-cell multi-omics integration: computational challenges at atlas-level data
- Adria Caballe – TBD
- Lourdes Rosano - Clinical decision support within the Tumor Profiler Study and beyond: single-cell analysis and drug prediction
15.30 – 16.00 Coffee break
16:00 - 17:30 Session 3: Landscapes in cancer and other diseases
Keynote: Francesca Maria Bosisio - Single cell multiplexed immunohistochemistry to dissect the immune landscape and cell sociology of melanoma
- Nora C. Toussaint – A tale of a research data management system: from SOPs to MSRs
17.30 End of event
19.00 – 20.30 Drinks and tapas reception
The workshop will take place at the Hotel10 Art Gallery in the heart of downtown Barcelona.
Talks in Sala Cubik + Art Corner
Hotel10 Art Gallery
Enric Granados, 62-64
Tel. +34 932142030
NOTE: Participants registered for this event should contact with the “Hotel10 Art Gallery” directly to arrange booking and payment (Deadline for reservation: 30 September). Code reservation number: AEBC2 Barcelona’21 workshop
Workshop special price:
- Single room: 135€
- Double room: 145€
Breakfast and taxes included (except touristic tax)
How to arrive?
- By plane
The El Prat airport is situated 20 km from the Barcelona city center. Barcelona airport has two terminals: T1 and T2. Travelling from Terminal 1 adds an extra 4 km to the journey and takes approximately 5 minutes longer.
By taxi the journey time from the airport is 30 minutes at an approximate cost of 30 €.
Aerobus: 1.5 km from the Aerobus stop (airport Terminals 1 and 2)
- By Metro
350 m from Diagonal metro station (Lines 3 and 5)
800 m from Passeig de Gràcia metro station (Lines 2, 3 and 4) and train station (Renfe trains)
Further information: www.tmb.net
Liability and Insurance
The organisers will not assume any responsibility whatsoever for damage or injury to persons or property during the workshop. Participants are recommended to arrange for their own personal travel and health insurance.
English. No simultaneous translation