Leadership in Action
Leadership in Action is a three day; activity based; residential training course. Working in the Montserrat Hotel and Training Center, will practice your leadership skills and gain an insight into leadership theory. Working with Postdoctoral staff from across the seven BIST centres, you will have the opportunity to gain insights from follow researchers across the disciplines and at different stages in their career. Your focus is to develop your leadership style so you are more impactful and effective in your workplace.
What will you learn?
At the end of the three days you will have:
- Learned how to mentor and coach staff
- Received feedback on your personal leadership style and the impact it has on others
- Practiced negotiation, leadership and team management skills
- Been introduced to six key leadership theories that underpin the opportunity to develop as a resilient, flexible, effective leader
What is the experience like?
- You will work in teams of six, led by a professional trainer
- You will engage in six team activities, that test your leadership and followership skills, each with a chance to lead and activity
- You will be well supported, working in a safe learning environment
- You will work with a peer coach who will provide support and feedback throughout the course
- You will have the chance to step away from the day to day pressures of your research to reflect upon your skills, motivations and career direction.
This is an active, interactive course. Six ‘insight’ workshops introduce the theory that you then go away and experiment with using business simulations.
Date: from Wednesday 4 to Friday 6 March 2020 (both included)
Place: EADA – Collbató Residential Training Campus (Collbató, Barcelona)
Audience: Postdoctoral researchers
Please take into account that this is a three day, activity based and residential training course; and that it is compulsory to attend all 3 days in full. If you are registered and finally cannot attend, please send us an e-mail in order to give others the opportunity to participate.
The workshop has limited places. To register, please send an email before January 30 to: firstname.lastname@example.org