Interactive Approaches to Engage Curious Adults
Using demonstrations & science-play with adult audiences
An interactive training workshop designed for IRB Barcelona researchers to understand the needs of adult audiences in science communication and engagement activities, and learn new approaches to communicate & discuss scientific concepts effectively with curious adults.
1. Understand and evaluate attitudes and motivations for science communication and engagement in different audiences, including: research community, society, & individuals
2. Explore science engagement techniques and best practices as part of a unique play-based workshop with Barcelona Fun Science:
- Clear communication of scientific concepts
- Effective use of language & vocabulary
- Identifying areas of potential miscommunication in your research
- Creating demonstrations & games for discovery learning
3. Develop an understanding of key principles in evaluation and outcomes assessment for science engagement activities
4. Connect with your IRB colleagues, and improve your understanding of the work of your peers in a social, games-based training environment.
To register, please send an email before 21 April to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The workshop is limited to 25 participants. A number of places will be reserved for IRB Alumni.
About Barcelona Fun Science
Barcelona Fun Science creates fun, interactive experiences for curious adults. We use grown-up play and discovery learning to build confidence, self-esteem and a desire to explore scientific ideas, ask questions, and connect with current scientific research, with a focus on engaging non-scientific adult audiences.
We run regular free scientific games workshops for our Meetup community (>550 members), and through our collaboration with IRB we offer a free, supported pathway for IRB researchers to get involved in English-language community science engagement events and presentations in Barcelona.