Creating and editing scientific images with Photoshop and Illustrator
This workshop led by Cecilia Gorriz (digital designer) will be focused on how to create and edit scientific images with Photoshop and Illustrator.
You should download the trial version of Photoshop and Illustrator onto your pc and bring it with you to the course.
Date: Tuesday 11 and Thursday 13 February 2020
Time: 9:00 – 13:00
Place: Room 1 Tower I, PCB Barcelona
The group will comprise 15 participants, who will attend two 4-h sessions, held over two mornings. To register, please send an email to email@example.com
Spaces are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please take into account that this course spans two mornings. If you are registered and finally cannot attend, please send us an e-mail in order to give others the opportunity to participate.
9:00 – 13:00 CREATING AND EDITING SCIENTIFIC IMAGES WITH PHOTOSHOP AND ILLUSTRATOR
This activity will allow students:
- To become familiar with the user interface of an image creating and editing software.
- To create texts, simple presentations and diagrams from scratch and to illustrate complex concepts and processes.
- To create and edit graphic content independently, seeking to optimize them in terms of clarity and quality.
- To learn basic techniques of photographic editing, such controlling size, weight, colour, brightness and contrast.
- To learn advanced photographic composition techniques, such selective editions, repeated actions in large series of images, work with media from other software, etc.
- To learn how to show or print images efficiently, maintaining the maximum level of quality and an optimal work flow.
- To create and edit scientific posters and presentations.
- To design with aesthetic criteria when structuring information.
- To work with text frames and graphics.
- To export posters or presentations to .jpg and .pdf to be used in screen presentations or printed material.
- Introduction to digital images
- Editing images in Photoshop
- Drawings and illustrations
Cecilia Gorriz is a digital designer, specialised in graphic design, audiovisual creation and strategic communication. She has been involved in various on/offline projects. She is currently coordinating, managing and designing websites / e-commerce.
She is also a Professor in Design and Online Communication, with more than 7 years of experience in organisations such as ESDi(URL), Bau (UVic) and Elisava (UPF).