This workshop led by Cecilia Gorriz (digital designer) will be focused on how to create and edit scientific images with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
You should download the trial version of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator onto your pc and bring it with you to the course.
Date and Time: Tuesday 12 April and Thursday 14 April, from 09:00 to 14:30.
Place: Room 2 - Tower I (Parc Científic de Barcelona)
Audience: All IRB Barcelona members are welcome (previous registration requested).
The group will comprise 15 participants.
Registration: Fill in the registration form here before 8 April. Participants will received a confirmation email.
If you are registered to participate and finally cannot attend, please send an email to email@example.com in order to give others the opportunity.
Image creation and photographic edition with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
This activity will allow you:
- To become familiar with the user interface of an image creating and editing software.
- To create texts, simple presentations and diagrams from scratch and to illustrate complex concepts and processes.
- To create and edit graphic content independently, seeking to optimize them in terms of clarity and quality.
- To learn basic techniques of photographic editing, such controlling size, weight, colour, brightness and contrast.
- To learn advanced photographic composition techniques, such selective editions, repeated actions in large series of images, work with media from other software, etc.
- To learn how to show or print images efficiently, maintaining the maximum level of quality and an optimal work flow.
- To create and edit scientific posters and presentations.
- To design with aesthetic criteria when structuring information.
- To work with text frames and graphics.
- To export posters and presentations to .jpg and .pdf to be used in screen presentations or printed material.
- Introduction to digital images
- Editing images in Affinity Photo
- Drawings and Illustrations
Cecilia Gorriz is a digital designer specialised in graphic design, audiovisual creation and strategic communication. She has been involved in various on/offline projects. She is currently coordinating, managing and designing websites / e-commerce.
She is also a Professor of Design and Online Communication, with more than 15 years of experience in organisations such as ESDi(URL), Bau (UVic) and Elisava (UPF).