You should download the trial version of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator onto your pc and bring it with you to the course.
Date and Time: Tuesday 27 April from 15:00 to 17:00 and Wednesday 28 April 2021 from 9:30 to 11:30
Place: Online (Zoom)
Audience: All IRB Barcelona members are welcome (previous registration requested).
The group will comprise 15 participants, who will attend two 2-h sessions. Participants will have access to online video tutorials provided by the trainer over 1 year.
Registration: Fill in the registration form here before 21 April.
Participants will received a confirmation email and be sent access details prior to the start of the workshop.
If you are registered to participate and finally cannot attend, please send an email to email@example.com in order to give others the opportunity.
Image creation and photographic edition with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
This activity will allow you:
- To become familiar with the user interface of an image creating and editing software.
- To create texts, simple presentations and diagrams from scratch and to illustrate complex concepts and processes.
- To create and edit graphic content independently, seeking to optimize them in terms of clarity and quality.
- To learn basic techniques of photographic editing, such controlling size, weight, colour, brightness and contrast.
- To learn advanced photographic composition techniques, such selective editions, repeated actions in large series of images, work with media from other software, etc.
- To learn how to show or print images efficiently, maintaining the maximum level of quality and an optimal work flow.
- To create and edit scientific posters and presentations.
- To design with aesthetic criteria when structuring information.
- To work with text frames and graphics.
- To export posters and presentations to .jpg and .pdf to be used in screen presentations or printed material.
- Introduction to digital images
- Editing images in Affinity Photo
- Drawings and Illustrations
Cecilia Gorriz is a digital designer specialised in graphic design, audiovisual creation and strategic communication. She has been involved in various on/offline projects. She is currently coordinating, managing and designing websites / e-commerce.
She is also a Professor of Design and Online Communication, with more than 15 years of experience in organisations such as ESDi(URL), Bau (UVic) and Elisava (UPF).