You should download the trial version of Adobe Indesign onto your pc and bring it with you to the course.
Date and Time: Wednesday 28 April and Thursday 29 April 2021, from 15:00 to 17:00
Place: Online (Zoom)
Target: 3rd year PhD researchers and upwards
The group will comprise 15 participants, who will attend two 2-h sessions, held over two afternoons. Participants will have access to online video tutorials provided by the trainer over 1 year.
Registration: Fill in the registration form here before 21 April.
Participants will receive a confirmation email and be sent access details prior to the start of the workshop.
If you are registered to participate and finally cannot attend, please send an email to email@example.com in order to give others the opportunity.
Laying out Scientific Theses with Adobe Indesign
This activity will allow you:
- To become familiar with the user interface of a page-layout application.
- To create and edit doctoral theses independently using a professional layout program.
- To prepare the material in text editing program (MS Word, Pages), and work on styles and references to import it into Indesign
- To integrate text and images, apply styles and develop complex figures and charts.
- To design with aesthetic criteria when structuring information.
- To export work to .jpg and .pdf to be used in screen presentations or to be printed.
- Indesign CC
- Introduction to digital image
- Indesign in 20 minutes
- Scientific style
- Structure of a thesis document
- Object management
- Vector images
- Data tables
- One piece of advice
Cecilia Gorriz is a digital designer specialised in graphic design, audiovisual creation and strategic communication. She has been involved in various on/offline projects. She is currently coordinating, managing and designing websites / e-commerce.
She is also a Professor of Design and Online Communication, with more than 15 years of experience in organisations such as ESDi(URL), Bau (UVic) and Elisava (UPF).