This workshop led by Cecilia Gorriz (digital designer) will be focused on how to create and edit a scientific thesis with Adobe Indesign.
You should download the trial version of Indesign onto your pc and bring it with you to the course.
Date: Tuesday 11 and Thursday 13 February 2020
Time: 14:00 to 18:00
Place: Room 1, Tower I, PCB Barcelona
Target: 3rd year PhD researchers and upwards
The group will comprise 15 participants, who will attend two 4-h sessions, held over two afternoons. To register, please send an email to email@example.com
Please take into account that this course spans two afternoons. If you are registered and finally cannot attend, please send us an e-mail in order to give others the opportunity to participate.
14.00 – 18.00 LAYING OUT SCIENTIFIC THESIS WITH ADOBE INDESIGN
This activity will allow students:
- To become familiar with the user interface of a page-layout application.
- To create and edit doctoral theses independently using a professional layout program.
- To integrate text and images, apply styles and develop complex figures and charts.
- To design with aesthetic criteria when structuring information.
- To export work to .jpg and .pdf to be used in screen presentations or to be printed.
- Indesign CC
- Introduction to digital image
- Indesign in 20 minutes
- Scientific style
- Structure of a thesis document
- Object management
- Vector images
- Data tables
- One piece of advice
Cecilia Gorriz is a digital designer, specialised in graphic design, audiovisual creation and strategic communication. She has been involved in various on/offline projects. She is currently coordinating, managing and designing websites / e-commerce.
She is also a Professor in Design and Online Communication, with more than 7 years of experience in organisations such as ESDi(URL), Bau (UVic) and Elisava (UPF).