This workshop led by Graphit aims at:
- Learning the basics of graphic design for publications (font, color schemes, image quality)
- Familiarizing yourself with vector graphics and how they differ from raster graphics
- Learning how to create Illustrator files for different uses and platforms
- Understanding the basics of the interface and tools in Adobe Illustrator
- Learning how to create and edit basic shapes and paths in Illustrator
- Understanding how to work with layers and groups in Illustrator to organize your design elements
- Understanding how to export and save files for different uses and platforms.
- Understanding the basics of creating and editing graphs and charts in GraphPad PRISM
- Familiarizing yourself with the various types of statistical tests available in GraphPad PRISM and when to use them
- Learning how to effectively organize and present data in Prism for clear and accurate analysis
- Understanding how to properly format and export data for publication and presentation
- Learning how to import figures from GraphPad PRISM into Illustrator
- Familiarizing yourself with the various resources and support available for troubleshooting and expanding your use of GraphPad PRISM
Date and Time: Tuesday 2 May, from 14:00 to 18:00 & Wednesday 3 May from 14:00 to 18:00.
Place: Room 1, Tower I (Parc Científic de Barcelona)
Speaker: Marina Villamor-Payà, PhD
Registration: Fill in the registration form here before 17 March. The workshop has limited places. A confirmation email will be sent to all participants, together with a pre-workshop questionnaire.
If you are registered to participate and finally cannot attend, please send an email to email@example.com in order to give others the opportunity.
Graphit is a London-based enterprise specialized in scientific communication. They offer a wide range of services including writing, scientific design and dissemination support. In addition to specialized training workshops, Graphit also offers individual and group coaching to support early-stage researchers along their journey of personal development.
Marina is an IRB Barcelona alumna who completed her PhD in the lab of Dr. Travis Stracker, where she focused on the study of genomic instability in cancer. She received a Cancer Research Training Award fellowship in 2021 and is currently completing her postdoc at the National Cancer Institute (NCI-NIH) in Bethesda, MD, USA. She is also the Treasurer of the Washington DC chapter of ECUSA (Españoles Científicos en USA), an American non-profit organization that aims at promoting the role of science and technology in the USA. In Graphit, Marina focuses on clear concept depictions, uniform and signature graphic styles and our training seminars.