Whether genomics is a new topic for you or you are already participating in ongoing projects, lectures will provide you with the field. We will further cover a range of genomics applications currently offered by the Functional Genomics Core Facility (FGCF).
You will learn to:
- Identify different NGS technologies.
- Understand the specific advantages and disadvantages of each NGS technology.
- Understand the requirements for sequencing and library preparation that will influence your experimental design.
- Understand the type of data obtained from an NGS experiment.
- Anticipate challenges and bottlenecks in your genomics/transcriptomics project.
- Apply sound practices when designing experiments, analysing data, or interpreting the results.
Speaker: Freddy Monteiro
Functional Genomics Core Facility Manager (FGCF)
Date and Time: Thursday 13 May, 09:30-15:00
Place: Online (Zoom)
Audience: All IRB Barcelona members are welcome (previous registration requested).
Level: Content is adapted to all audiences with a keen interest in genetics, genomics and biotech.
Registration: Fill in the registration form here before 11 May. A confirmation email will be sent to all participants. Participants will receive access details prior to the start of the workshop.
If you are registered to participate and finally cannot attend, please send an e-mail to email@example.com in order to give others the opportunity.
Seminar hours might change. Stay tuned for updates.
09:30-10:00 Course introduction
10:00-10:45 A brief history of high-throughput sequencing and its applications
11:00-12:00 Human whole-genome, whole-exome and targeted sequencing
12:15-13:15 Transcriptome and epigenome sequencing
13:15-14:30 Lunch break
14:30-14:50 Kahoot!: “Archetypal character traits in genomics research”
14:50-15:00 Course wrap up and feedback