INPhINIT is a doctoral fellowship programme devoted to attracting international Early-Stage Researchers to the top Spanish research centres in the areas of Bio and Heath Sciences, Physics, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
INPhINIT is promoted by the “la Caixa” Foundation with the aim of supporting the best scientific talent and fostering innovative and high-quality research in Spain by recruiting outstanding international students and offering them an attractive and competitive environment for conducting research of excellence.
This programme is divided into two different frames:
1.Doctorate INPhINIT Incoming: 35 fellowships for early-stage researchers of any nationality to pursue their PhD studies in research centres accredited with the Spanish Seal of Excellence Severo Ochoa, María de Maeztu or Health Institute Carlos III and Portuguese units accredited as “excellent” according to the evaluation of the Fundação de Ciência e Tecnologia. This frame is addressed exclusively to PhD research projects on STEM disciplines: life sciences and health, experimental sciences, physics, chemistry and mathematics. Check out IRB Barcelona groups participating in this frame:
- Alejo E. Rodriguez-Fraticelli - Quantitative Stem Cell Dynamics
- Cristina Mayor-Ruiz - Targeted protein degradation and drug discovery
- Fran Supek - Genome Data Science
- Marco Milán - Development and Growth Control Laboratory
- Modesto Orozco - Molecular modelling and bioinformatics
- Ángel Nebreda - Signalling and Cell Cycle Laboratory
- Toni Gabaldon - Comparative Genomics
- Xavier Salvatella - Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics
- Francesc Posas and Eulàlia de Nadal - Cell Signalling
- Antonio Zorzano - Complex Metabolic Diseases and Mitochondria
27 January 2022: Deadline for submitting applications.
2.Doctorate INPhINIT Retaining: 30 fellowships for early-stage researchers of any nationality to pursue their PhD studies in any research domain and any university or research center in Spain or Portugal.
The doctoral INPhINIT fellowships offer a highly competitive salary and complementary opportunities for training on transferrable skills through annual training sessions, temporary stays in industry, incentives upon completion of the thesis, among other elements that make these fellowships some of the most attractive and complete in Europe.
More information about the programme and the application process can be found here .