OncologySignalling and Cell Cycle Laboratory
The Signalling and Cell Cycle Laboratory focuses on studying the basic mechanisms of cell regulation, especially regarding how external signals are interpreted by cells to modulate cell proliferation, differentiation and survival. Our research centers on two main subjects:
- Mechanisms of signal integration by p38 MAP kinases and their role in cancer
- Regulation and role of the RINGO/Speedy proteins, a new family of CDK activators.
The Signalling and cell cycle laboratory receives financial support from the following sources:
- European Research Council
- Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia)
- Ministerio de Economía y Competitividad (MINECO)
- European Commission (EC), Fondo Europeo de Desarrollo Regional (FEDER), "Una manera de hacer Europa"
Group news & mentions
In most cases, prostate cancer is cured by surgical removal of the tumour and/or by radiotherapy.
The technology supplement Innovadores of the newspaper El Mundo has echoed on the award of 220,000 euros to three biomedical innovation projects underway at IRB Barcelona.
The Catalan’ Government’s Agency for Management and of University and Research Grants (Agencia de Gestió i Ajuts Universitaris i de Recerca (AGAUR)) has awarded around 220,000 euros to thr
This year the Parc de la Ciutadella in Barcelona will be hosting the eleventh edition of the Science Festival.