Inflammation, Tissue Plasticity & Cancer
Epigenetic plasticity cooperates with emergent cell-cell interactions to drive neoplastic tissue remodeling in the pancreas
Nature Cell Biology
RAB7 controls melanoma progression by exploiting a lineage-specific wiring of the endolysosomal pathway
Self-killing of melanoma cells by cytosolic delivery of dsRNA: Wiring innate immunity for a coordinated mobilization of endosomes, autophagosomes and the apoptotic machinery in tumor cells
Honors & Awards
- 2021 Blavtanik Regional Award for Young Scientists, Winner in Life Sciences category (USA)
- 2021 Hipatia Prize for Young Talent in Science, Finalist (2nd position) (Spain)
- 2021 Bentejui Young Award, Winner in Professional category, Bentejui Youth Association (Spain)
- 2020 La Caixa Postdoctoral Junior Leader Fellowship, La Caixa Foundation (Spain).
- 2018 Benjamin F. Trump Award for Scientific Research Excellence, Aspen Cancer Conference (USA)
- 2014 Ramón Areces Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship (Spain).
- 2014 Extraordinary Doctorate Award, Autonomous University of Madrid (Spain).
- 2010 Society for Melanoma Research (SMR) Travel Grant (USA).
- 2010 EMBO Short-Term Fellowship, European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO)
- 2008 National Graduate Research Fellowship (FPU), Spanish Ministry of Education (Spain).
- 2009 Biomedical Sciences Schools’ Valedictorian, Complutense University of Madrid (Spain).
- 2008 National Award in Pharmaceutical Sciences (3rd pos), Spanish Ministry of Education (Spain).
- 2007 Undergraduate Research Fellowship (Beca-Colaboración), Spanish Ministry of Education (Spain).
Leadership & Science Outreach
- 2021 Invited Speaker at the Commemorative Act of International Women's Day, University of La Laguna (Tenerife, Spain).
- 2021 Co-organizer and participant of Spanish Association for Cancer Research (ASEICA)’s event Conócelas that connected 150 women scientists with >6500 students across Spain.
- 2018 Co-organizer and moderator of Faculty Panel, Women in Science & Medicine Series, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center (New York, USA).
*Write-up in Scientific American blog: “Today’s Paths to Leadership: A Different Perspective”. (2018): Mayle A, Alonso-Curbelo D, Neill US. Lifebeyond the Laboratory Bench. goo.gl/i1fmHY
- 2017 Co-leader of Fundraising Team, “Scientists –ReSearching for a Cure” team (New York, USA) at PurpleStride initiative from the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (PanCAN).
14 Mar 2022
15 Jan 2022
26 Nov 2021